Yes it has been unbearably cold! So I got done little with working on the cold cast iron. But there are some new pictures of what I have been concentrating on lately: Polishing shafts. Here are the throw off linkage shafts.
And here is the flywheel shaft after the sequenced emery cloth treatment.
And the back shaft with the side arm still to be done.
And this is what the rear of the press looks like right now. On some of the parts I noticed the old ink remaining here and there seeping through the paint. So I will have to go for another coat.
And this has me considering changing the banner picture for my blog!
Oh and I was able to pull out the key holding in the pinion for the main gear that I talked about in the last posting. Seems every time I even think about leaving something and then get at it I discover more. This time it was that the key was not the right width, but was too high and had been filed to a taper – and then was driven in only one third of the way! Good thing I got it out, now I have a new proper size gib key on order.